iPhone 3.0 beta 1: Configure Google Calendar CalDAV
The instructions listed below are obsoleted. They are meant for iPhone 3.0 beta 1. For instructions on configuring Google Calendar CalDAV on iPhone 3.0 (released on 6/17/2009), please refer to this.
One of the many newly added features in iPhone 3.0 beta is support for CalDAV. In theory, configuring CalDAV on my iPhone should allow me to sync up my Google Calendar over the air. However, i had not been able to get it working until today. In order to configure CalDAV on the iPhone, you will need some information about the CalDAV server. Since there was setup information for configuring CalDAV on the iPhone on Google, i found instructions on configuring CalDAV on Mozilla Sunbird. The account information i supplied to my iPhone seemed to be correct as i went through the account validation with no error. However, i was not able to get events in my Google Calendar to show up.
Here are the steps to configure Google CalDAV on iPhone 3.0 beta (7A238j):
- Go to “Settings”. Then select “Mail, Contacts, Calendars”. Next, select “Add Account…”
- Select “Other”
- Select “Add CalDAV Account”
- Enter information as shown below. When you hit the “Save”, it will fail. Just ignore it and go to the next step.
- The error message that you will see initially.
- Use SSL: ON
Account URL: https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/[full_google_email_address]/user
- If everything is configured correctly, you should see a section for Google Calendar (CalDAV) on the main Calendar screen and your Google Calendar events should show up.